Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A night in Dalaa's kitchen!



"There is no greater love, than the love of food" If I were to die and go to heaven, I would assume that the delicacies served by Dala'a Mufti would be my reward for all the brownie points I have collected in life.

Where do I begin, they say that "the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach" then it definately applies in this case-as I'm sure my cousin, (her husband) got lured in by her wonderful delights!! Who wouldn't? I sure am one of her newest fans!



I guess Dala'a is used to cooking for large dinners, because the spread she put out for a measley group of 5 girls could surely have fed part of the Amercian base in Kuwait (mashalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah)!!!
Above: Shoulder of lamb with vegetables and a Musterd Gravey!



This was something new to me.. a Italian seafood stew called Chippino!



Freekah with chicken topped with pine nuts and almonds!



Spicy Burgal salad, similar to a taboulah but the Borgals are cooked in this salad!

Harrak Isba3aw which actully translated to burnt fingers.. I will find out why?


Grilled vegetables marinated in a balsamic sauce. A yummi dish for all you health watchers!

The obvious Warak aneb! Im not sure what I prefer more.. dolma or warak aneb.. and cold or hot.. hmm regardless, this was great! Just the right amount of tang to it!


A new twist on the faga3.. maybe if you look close enough you can see the red chilli.. Oooh that was good. I have never tried fage3 with chilli before! Ofcourse a little parsley and garlic and a touch of olive oil to help blend the flavors together only does wonders to this great dish!




Our gracious hostess started the night by serving us only the best smoked salmon: Balik.
As I didn't stay around long enough to savor, I am sure her equally delicious desserts were just as good.
I end this post with a smile on face and salivating as I write this..Thinking.. when will be the next time I get invited again :)
Thank You Dala'a!










4 comments:

دلع said...

dearest dandoon
i am so sorry you couldnt taste all the dishes and hope you feel better by now...(i warned you earlier in the day to eat light so you can have a full meal for dinner, but you had to go for bad sushi). anyway..my home and kitchen will always be open for you anytime.
note; there is few mistakes in the names of the dishes, will call you tomorrow to correct it.
finaly...صحتييييييييييييين وهنا

Dana said...

Oh oh! ok Im waiting for the call to fix them:)

Anonymous said...

3alaikom bel3afia o teslam eed Dalaa! The freeka looks SO GOOD! I want to have a bit of everything though LOL

Anonymous said...

everything looks amazing..alah ye3tekom el 3afya