Friday, June 4, 2010

Ice sculpture!


How cool is this? I was at a friends wedding and saw this from a distance.. and I was thinking.. why is it dripping? Well it turns out to be from ice... the whole thing.. even the legs..!






Something like this always blows my mind: how did they chip the ice? did they do it in a really cold room? What happens if it melts to fast.. will the whole thing collapse? Oh Oh and I would love to throw something that big (after they are done with it) in to a nice big pool in the middle of the summer and just watch it melt as it cools down the pool.. allaaah!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Danderma said...

oooh nice!

at first i saw the bird like thing and was like... china mo 7elo?

but then i saw the rest! AMAZING! how did they do that? great way to keep the food fresh! maybe they use molds or something?

wayed 3jbne... china big blocks of crystal!

Dana said...

Yes akeed it's molds to start out with.. but then how do you glue ice together? maybe freeze the pices with a chemical..

This was done by Shereton!

Southern California Ice Sculptures said...

Amazing work. can you explain in brief how you make it?

Dana said...

Hi Sothern California,

I wish this was my work.. I just saw it at a wedding.
If it helps: Shereton Kuwait made it:)