Monday, March 15, 2010

A night in Khalida al Essa's Kitchen!



Tangarine and fennel salad





A night in Khalida's kitchen is always a night to remember. Let me start by telling you that Khalida is also a a spa lover, and always looking for healthy low calorie meals to feed us! After visiting a few spa's and retreats, she has been able to collect and create a great diverse sence of cooking. Every now and then just to please the crowd, she will make us a calorie packed dish!

Join us in this post and check out some of her fresh, healthy, and exciting meals!


Gargeer salad with crunchy toasted nuts and shredded carrots with a orange zesty dressing!


Tropical Salad with avacado and papaya (what a great mix)


Now that's what I call a well stocked fridge.. While Khalooda was setting up the dinner table, I took a sneak peak of her fridge! Obviously all those cakes are for dessert, but strip that fridge down from the cakes, and you have nothing but healthy wholsome food!



Ooooooh im just looking at this picture, and I'm thinking if I should continue typing, or run down to the kitchen and grab me one of these coconut macaroon that Khalida was kind enough to send over to me!

Ok I'm back from the kitchen, Macaroon in my hand, not feeling guilty beaceuse this is a Canyon Ranch recipe Macaroon, low calorie, made from brown suger, and baked to perfection!



Did you know the Edo cater? You can have a sushi chef come over to your house a prepare a full meal for you!


The chef making the perfect square of rice to go under the shrimp.. I always wondered how they made it..now I know!



The chef's station with his fridge full of exotic fish!




Now that's what I call a great cheese tray.. you know that people have been enjoying it!


The dessert tabel provided by Zahra Cafe!

Minced beef with broccoli and chillies.. very tasty and crunchi!


And I end this post with the crowd pleaser, the faga'a pasta.. Everyone was fighting over this dish! Huge, succulent, creamy peices of Faga'a with spagetti on the side.
Unfortunately I didn't get a good enough picture of the green curry, or the Chicken Panang, but what a International night it was.. we had Kuwaiti truffels, Japanees sushi, Thia curries, French and Italian cheese, and dessert that I can't pin point where the oragin is from.. Hmm.. who invented cheese cake and macaroons?
Thank you for a wonderful night Khalooda!

Ooooh and I fell in love with the dish warmers she had:)









Posted by Picasa

No comments: